The Brook Park Civic Association was organized in 1977 for the families residing within the development. Its purposes are:
- To keep its members informed of actions and proposals of community officials and individuals, which may affect their interests as residents and taxpayers.
- To provide an agency through which the common interests of its members may be brought to the attention of the community officials and the general public.
- To represent the common interests of its members before the various legislative and administrative bodies of the community on matters affecting the health, safety, welfare, education or personal property rights of its members.
- To promote fellowship among its members.
- To advance the general welfare and interests of its members through such projects as the Board of Governors may authorize from time to time.
Past accomplishments of the Civic Association include re-routing school bus stops, making cable television available, and preventing low-cost townhouse development at the corner of Sloop and Rochester Roads. The Civic Association successfully installed the street lamp at the intersection of Fassinger Lane and Rochester Road, and erected the Brook Park Manor entrance sign at this same location. In addition, a Block Captain Program was established to enhance community communication and awareness, and was instrumental in establishing a crime watch. In March 2003 the web site premiered at www.brookparkmanor.com and a new neighborhood informational sign was installed in September 2003.
Ongoing projects include enforcing lot plan covenants, printing a neighborhood newsletter and financing landscaping efforts around the Brook Park Manor entrance sign.
It is the goal of the Civic Association to sponsor annual social events. These have included oldies dances, community picnics, Pittsburgh Pirate Baseball games, Golf tournaments and swim parties.
Membership dues are $35 — due March 1st
Make checks payable to:
“Brook Park Civic Association” or “BPMCA”
Payments may be mailed to:
1607 King James Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15237